Trust in Him

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moments in Christ's Life

I found this post in Karinann's blog: Daughter of the King.

I saw this in Michael's blog
Reach Paradise. He has done a meme of sorts and is asking his readers to answer this question: If you could witness any moment in Christ's life, what would it be? You get to choose three. This is a wonderful meditative exercise.

Here are the rules:
  • To make this a bit easier, you can choose 3 one-hour time periods. (Your "top 3", if you will)
  • To make things harder, you cannot choose His birth or any time period from the Last Supper on.
  • If you have a blog, post this question and rules and answer it there. If you would rather not spend a post quenching my curiosity, or if you do not have a blog, feel free to post your answer in the comments section here.
  • Put a link to your post in the comments section of this post and/or in the post in Michael's link so we can all share.
  • Tag 3 other people to do the same.
I would like to answer these questions...

Jesus' Prayer After a Day of Work
I would like to be present as Jesus prays at night after a day at work in the carpenter shop... any night of His 29th year. I would like to hear what He says and see His eyes. I would like to see how His devotion is as strong on an ordinary day as it is any other day of the year. I'd like to see what words He says in prayer about His Mother. I'd kneel down next to Him and watch His emotions and feel the aura of His Love in the silence of the night...

Jesus Teaching About the Beatitudes
I would like to be sitting near Jesus as He tells about the Beatitudes... I'd like to hear His message of love and kindness and hope as He shows us the perfect way of life. I'd like to watch how He looks at the people... and see if His eyes reflect Fatherly tenderness. I'd like to watch His Mouth and His Smile as they fervently release the fire of His Divine Spirit. I'd like to listen to His Voice and see if I can detect a tone of everlasting friendship. Then, I'd like to feel the intense goodness of the message I've received from the mouth of Christ Himself.

Jesus Calming the Storm
I want to be in the boat as it rocks and turns in the storm... I want to sit right next to Him as He sleeps. He must have been very tired. I want to see the look of exhaustion on His Face after He spent so much time teaching. I'd like to be soaked with the rain of THAT storm. If the rules allow us to touch Him, I'd lay my hand on His Cheek to wake Him up as the disciples cry out. Then, I'd watch His Face as He calms the earthly elements! Can you imagine? It must have shone divinity, love, compassion, and strength... I'd like to watch His Hand as He raises it in command... I assure you my faith in Him would be so strong at that moment I'd die of it! I want to see the skies and seas calm... I'd like to feel that peace, and watch His eyes at that moment, before the disciples have shaken out of their surprise enough to even speak.

My heart is beating wildly from considering the life of Jesus... I am so glad I read that post Karinann.
You've been tagged!

5 comments:

  1. I can think of one right away. I would like to be there while Mary is teaching Jesus some school work...maybe around 7 years old..at the kitchen table :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie,
    Great moments. I especially like your first one. Also I realized I forgot to change the rules to read "leave the link for your post over at Michael's blog. Thanks for sharing these beautiful moments from Christ's life.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadie,
    That first one really blew me away! I agree - it would be wonderful to watch Him on a "normal" day before His public ministry to see how He prayed and how He spoke to the Father. What a unique answer. Love it!
    God Bless
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like be at Christ's Birth to see Him and his Holy Family, To witness the first miracle he performed at the Wedding at Cana, and to be with him after his Ressurection into His Acension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I LOVE that first one!!!!! And I love your mom's answer in the comments as well!!!!!!
    Hope you come over to see my entry:
    http://thankfulwoman.blogspot.com/
    Mrs. Dudich
    ::SMILE::

    ReplyDelete