Trust in Him

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Texts on Love



Thou shalt love the Lord Thy God with thy whole heart, And with thy whole soul, and with all thy strength, And with thy entire mind: And thy neighbor as thyself

(Luke 10: 27)


If I should speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have charity, I have become as sounding brass or tinkling cymbal. And if I have prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all Faith so as to remove mountains, yet do not have charity, I am nothing. And if I distribute all my goods to the poor, and if I deliver my body to be burned, yet do not have charity, it profits me nothing.

Charity is patient, is kind;
charity does not envy, is not pretentious, is not puffed up, is not ambitious, is not self-seeking, is not provoked; thinks no evil, does not rejoice over wickedness, but rejoices with the truth; bears with all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things (I Cor. 13:4-7)


Charity is the essence of a religious vocation; to love God with one's being and to envelope the world into one's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment