Trust in Him

Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18th (Journal Entry)


Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart,
and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind.
(Matthew 22:37)

And the second is like to it: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these.
(Mark 12:31)


Thus far my journal entries posted here have been written primarily for the benefit of others. Today I am posting one of my more private journal entries which I think will inspire some good Lenten thoughts in my readers. You will notice the "letter formatting," this is characteristic of my journal entries. I write them as a would a letter, with introductions, discussions, and "goodbyes." For the most part this is unedited, so you will not find much profoundness in these words, but you still may consider the thoughts here worth the read.

Dear Jesus, It pains me more than anything else to think of when I have not loved You. I feel the greatest sorrows when I consider that some of those for whom I pray have not known the deep joy of loving You. My heart cannot fathom what is contained in the gift of Your Love, and still I have felt sorrow for those who have thought this perfection of devotion to be above their reach.

To You I now offer the whole gratitude of my heart. I offer it for Your perfect and undying love, which is crucified again and again for my sake, even when I am least deserving. I offer it for Your empathy with me in my fickle ways, and for Your understanding when my tears flow in my weaknesses. I pray now for those who are seeking Your Love; and who I, with You, love so deeply. I know that the most precious gift You could receive is the gift of love. If I could bring just one heart to You, I would feel as great a gladness as if I had given You my poor heart a million times over.

If only I could put into words for my dear sisters and brothers how truly lovable You are, and how profound and perfect a love is Your love which ended in death on the Cross. Such words would bring them running to the fires of Your peaceful heart.

My sweet and adorable Jesus, while loving You each moment seems to stretch into the peaceful sunset of eternity. Each warming of the sun, blowing of the wind, rustling of snowflakes, whispering of leaves, dancing of the clouds, and twinkling of the stars resembles the living peace of Your love.

It seems there is no way my humble pen can describe the goodness of this most perfect virtue. It seems I am helplessly unable to dry Your tears of longing thirst; unable to stem the tide of scorn for Your perfect love; unable to bring the peace of Your love to all those who suffer in emptiness. I have given my heart to You, indeed I had hardly begun to raise it in my hands up to You before You snatched it away, and now my love for You will cause me to feel the perpetual pain of Your longing thirst for love. Help me to be constantly nourished with more love of You, and to somehow bring other people, people who I care for so deeply, to Your Love.

Jesus wants so much to be loved, He died on the cross for love, and He begs, with many tears and a tormented heart, that we love Him more
.

No comments:

Post a Comment