Trust in Him

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Veni, Creator Spiritus

"VENI, Creator Spiritus,
mentes tuorum visita,
imple superna gratia
quae tu creasti pectora."

"You have not chosen me, it is I who have chosen you." Yes, it is He who has created you, He who has chosen to bestow His gifts upon you. It is He who seeks to come to you and enlighten you, He who seeks to consume you with His love. He has desired to bring you to the fulfillment of life, and to your true vocation. Indeed, He has heard the cry of the life within you and has desired to satisfy it's need.

"Accende lumen sensibus:
infunde amorem cordibus:
infirma nostri corporis
virtute firmans perpeti."

This has long been one of the most meaningful hymns for me. It was played in a movie I watched during the clothing ceremony of a young girl entering a Benedictine Cloister. It was at that time I realized what this calling of the Holy Ghost meant to me. A calling of God to come inside of me, to enlighten and to protect and to beautify me and make me perfect. All call for guidance and for wisdom. A desire to be within the light of God. Indeed, I have long associated this song with my vocation. It ignites again and again the fire of my yearning for God, and constantly reminds me that the Holy One, the Most High, the eternal Triune God has called me also to be holy, to be close to Him forever in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment