Trust in Him

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Eight Station


V: We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. (Genuflect)

R: Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. (Rise)

V: Consider how the women wept with compassion seeing Jesus so distressed and dripping with blood as he walked along. Jesus said to them, ``Weep not so much for me, but rather for Your children.'' (Kneel)

R: My Jesus, laden with sorrows, / I weep for the sins which I have committed against You / because of the punishment I deserve for them; / and, still more, because of the displeasure they have caused You / who have loved me with an infinite love. / It is Your love, more than the fear of hell, / which makes me weep for my sins. / My Jesus, I love You more than myself; / I am sorry that I have offended You. / Never allow me to offend You again. / Grant that I may love You always; and then do with me as You will.

(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.)

O sweet Mother! Fount of Love,
Touch my spirit from above
Make my heart with yours accord.

There is a great light and all at once there appears before me all time of the world. I see light, and the entrance of darkness. I see God, and in the distance there is all that is not of God. Evil, death, suffering, and sin are combined together in a place of eternal torments which reek forth into the dominions of humanity. Appearing quickly in succession are Adam's guilt, slavery, starvation and need, war, murder, hate... but this is not all, in the midst of all these pains I see the Lord of all the light enter into the place of humanity, and He ignites it with a purifying flame. Screams of agony are suddenly consumed by an awestruck love, and there I see all people gazing at a great wooden cross.

Then, entering into this world which heaven has touched are legions of black demons. I see Jesus gently, forgetting for a moment His pains, looking at the mothers of men and, consoling them for the thorny path that lies ahead. In His heart He knows a time will come when their children will die in youth, and their men will die in battle, and they will weep with grief; and His heart is filled with compassion. In His heart He sees all of their descendants who will spend eternity in flame, separated forever from love and goodness. With the demon's entrance, a cloak is laid over the eyes of the people and deception and evil frantically seeks to undo the good that God has done. He knows, He blesses them, and then He moves on His journey of pain and love.

I am sitting now in a small green pasture, where my beautiful Shepherd opens the gate. "Come to me, and I will give you life. I am the Good Shepherd, and I know my sheep. I will lay down my life for my sheep, and bring them into the heavenly sheepfold." He picks up His cross, and I follow Him, knowing that He will bring me through fire to paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment