Trust in Him

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Eleventh Station


V: We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. (Genuflect)

R: Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. (Rise)

V: Consider Jesus, thrown down upon the cross, He stretched out His arms and offered to His eternal Father the sacrifice of His life for our salvation. They nailed His hands and feet, and then, raising the cross, left Him to die in anguish. (Kneel)

R: My despised Jesus, / nail my heart to the cross / that it may always remain there to love You and never leave You again. / I love You more than myself; / I am sorry for ever having offended You. / Never permit me to offend You again. / Grant that I may love You always; and then do with me as You will.

(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.)

Let me share with you His pain,
Who for all our sins was slain,
Who for me in torments died.

I watch. He opens His arms, He is offering His complete and unreserved gift. My eyes fill with tears, my mind undergoes an agonized strain, my spirit screams within me, and my heart groans with pain... and yet I cannot look away.

"They have pieced my hands and my feet, they have numbered all my bones."

I hear Him cry, and from the depth of His being a low groan escapes His lips. I cringe as I hear the hammer fall again, and the nail drive further into His soft flesh... and yet I cannot look away.

"Amen I say to you, this is the greatest love, that a Shepherd should give His life for His sheep."

Passing before me are the images of deaf who hear, blind who see, paralyzed who walk, ill who are healed, disheartened who are filled with hope, dead who live again. The hammer falls again, I had never known such horror... and yet I cannot look away.

"Tell me what I have done, and if I have done nothing wrong, then why do you hit me?"

The lamb, led away to slaughter, is set on the alter of sacrifice. Its blood is spilled, and yet it does not die. Oh when will its agony be over? His precious face, distorted with agony, tenses again as the hammer falls. I am overcome with sorrows... and yet I cannot look away.

"I Am."

He is raised on the cross, and the blood which would give me life soaks into its wood and flows down to the earth below. What blessed wood! He wears a crown, and in His pain I see the great gift of my King. Oh blessed wood, thus soaked with blood, you hold the body of my Lord, my Shepherd, my Love! My Jesus, My Lord, My God, My All... I cannot look away.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ's side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment