Trust in Him

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Fifth Station


V: We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. (Genuflect)

R: Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. (Rise)

V: Consider how weak and weary Jesus was. At each step He was at the point of expiring. Fearing that He would die on the way when they wished Him to die the infamous death of the cross, they forced Simon of Cyrene to help carry the cross after Our Lord. (Kneel)

R: My beloved Jesus / I will not refuse the cross as Simon did: / I accept it and embrace it. / I accept in particular the death that is destined for me / with all the pains that may accompany it. / I unite it to Your death / and I offer it to You. / You have died for love of me; / I will die for love of You and to please You. / Help me by Your grace. / I love You, Jesus, my Love; / I repent of ever having offended You. / Never let me offend You again. / Grant that I may love You always; and then do with me as You will.

(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.)

Can the human heart refrain
From partaking in her pain
In that Mother's pain untold?

I am standing among the disciples of Jesus as He speaks to them. My heart has been heavy, and my soul afflicted, as I considered life's purpose and began to feel that all is useless misery. But then He speaks: "If you would be perfect, sell all you have, and follow me." I receive a revelation of all the burdens I am carrying, and as I drop all my attachments into the hands of Christ, my heart is light and I am consoled. He scatters seeds into the ground, and smiles back at me.

We are sitting alone in the garden again, where I have shared His agony of Spirit many times. I say to Him: "Am I carrying your burden my Jesus? My heart is light and my soul consoled, have I taken upon my shoulders your burden?" He says to me: "My yoke is easy, and my burden light." I see Him now, crushed under the weight of the cross and in the deepest agony, but His heart is radiant with a deep love... now I know, as His physical strength fails Him, that His yoke is easy and His burden light. As I see Simon take a hold of the cross, I hear Jesus whisper "Carry my cross with me, and I will carry it with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment