Trust in Him

Monday, March 22, 2010

The First Station


V: We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. (Genuflect)

R: Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. (Rise)

V: Consider how Jesus Christ, after being scourged and crowned with thorns, was unjustly condemned by Pilate to die on the cross. (Kneel)

R: My adorable Jesus, / it was not Pilate; / no, it was my sins that condemned You to die. / I beseech You, by the merits of this sorrowful journey, / to assist my soul on its journey to eternity./ I love You, beloved Jesus; / I love You more than I love myself. / With all my heart I repent of ever having offended You. / Grant that I may love You always; and then do with me as You will.

(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.)

Through her heart, His sorrow sharing
All His bitter anguish bearing
Now at length the sword has passed

I stood at the gates of the Garden of Paradise. In front of me was a beautiful woman and handsome man, both of whom were conversing with a light through a tree from the mouth of a cave. Curling in the branches of the tree was a large snake. I heard a magnificent voice say: "I will put enmities between thee and the women, between thy seed and her seed, she shall crush your head and you shall lie in wait for her heal." With this the snake fell to the ground and hid in the roots of the tree.

A moment later it was no longer a garden before me, but a man with a prophetic face. He looked old and worn with wisdom, and yet the same light of grace that had illuminated the tree was in his eyes. He spoke these words: "But he was wounded for our iniquities, he was bruised for our sins: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and by his bruises we are healed." My heart quickened as I saw the pieces begin to take shape... but no sooner had I recognized a dove above the wise man's head, than I was watching a man, alight with purity, sitting on a mount and speaking these words: "Blessed are the Poor in Spirit..."

As I looked at this man, I realized that this was the lamb who would pay the debt and crush the serpent. This was the man who would be wounded for our iniquities and bruised for our sins, and save us from fire and death. But now he spoke lovingly, and His voice was young and childlike as He tenderly called the people surrounding Him blessed. My heart saw his arms open wide enough to contain all of these people, as if He was a father opening to embrace His children or a shepherd opening the door of His sheepfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment