Trust in Him

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Fourteenth Station


V: We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. (Genuflect)

R: Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. (Rise)

V: Consider how the disciples carried the body of Jesus to its burial, while His holy Mother went with them and arranged it in the sepulcher with her own hands. They then closed the tomb and all departed. (Kneel)

R: Oh, my buried Jesus, / I kiss the stone that closes You in. / But You gloriously did rise again on the third day. / I beg You by Your resurrection that I may be raised gloriously on the last day, / to be united with You in heaven, to praise You and love You forever. / I love You, Jesus, and I repent of ever having offended You. / Grant that I may love You always; and then do with me as You will.

(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.)

Virgin of all virgins blest! Listen to my fond request: Let me share your grief divine.

I see Him taken now, and set inside a tomb. I am sad, and I lay my face on the stone that encloses His Body as if I thought I could feel some life in it... it is cold, and does not move. The world grows dark, and still I wait by the stone where my Jesus has been laid.

The wall of stone that now separates me from the body of my Love is like the veil which separates earth from eternity. I look up into the sky and see only darkness, not even the stars are shining. But to my ears comes the sound of distant choirs of angels... and thought I hear, I cannot see. I hear voices, many voices, joyfully praising God's name... but all I can see is darkness, and trees bending in the wind. What is it that separates my poor humanity from the beauty which the senses of my soul can perceive?

"Where I will go, you cannot follow..." I hear His whisper in the wind, and I cry out to Him to let me follow. But all is silent, and I am alone. A great immovable stone has sealed the death of my Savior, will I ever see Him again? I am heartbroken, and cannot think or feel as I gaze upon this great stone wherein His lifeless body lies. Could He really have been touched by death? He is so good, He who is the life?

"No one takes my life from Me, I have power to lay it down, and power to raise it up again."

No comments:

Post a Comment