Trust in Him

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Ninth Station


V: We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. (Genuflect)

R: Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. (Rise)

V: Consider how Jesus Christ fell for the third time. He was extremely weak and the cruelty of His executioners was excessive; they tried to hasten His steps though He hardly had strength to move. (Kneel)

R: My outraged Jesus, / by the weakness You suffered in going to Calvary, / give me enough strength to overcome all human respect / and all my evil passions which have led me to despise Your friendship. / I love You, Jesus my Love, with all my heart; / I am sorry for ever having offended You. / Never permit me to offend You again. / Grant that I may love You always; and then do with me as You will.

(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.)

Make me feel as You have felt
Make my soul to glow and melt
With the love of Christ, my Lord.

"I am the Bread of Life, those who eat this bread, though they should die, shall live." I am utterly overcome with sorrow as I see my Jesus walking even though His strength is spent. As I gaze on His torn flesh, and His precious head so full of miseries, my faith is renewed. For if His Sacred Body was so torn for my salvation, who shall say I am not saved? If Jesus persevered through so much suffering, who is to say He cannot give me strength?

As the cross falls down heavily on the sore back of my Savior as He lies now face down on the stones, I see the pillar of fire that guided the Israelites burning in the sky. At its peak is a white dove, and as it flares its tail I see in its claws the lilies of virtue. I do not yet understand, but I fall to the ground suddenly as if the gravity of the earth had just intensified. I am weak, and I cannot rise. The dove comes down and gives me the flowers, and with them I gain strength and rise up again. Watching the guiding fire, I see it go ahead of me to Golgotha, where an alter has been prepared.

Jesus rises from the stones and moves on, so weak that he has not even his own breath to relieve His lonesomeness, because it is so quiet, but I see a light shining about His head: "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased." For a moment, I see with the eyes of God. Each step of Jesus, instead of weak and pitiful, shakes the roots of the earth. Each thought of Jesus is an act of love, and His every desire is to save those who are scorning Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment